Bilingual Media and Communications Strategist
The Bilingual Media and Communications Strategist will be responsible for generating a wide array of content (social media, marketing and communications) in both official languages while cultivating relationships and coordinating media outreach on behalf of Syntax Strategic.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategies for all internal and external written communications.
- Research, write and edit content for the website, social media, newsletters, annual reports, blogs, speaking notes, op-eds and more.
- Provide drafting, proof-reading and related communications support to the team.
Public Relations and Media Activities
- Draft news releases, advisories, invitations, briefing notes and provide content to support speeches and presentations.
- Identify and pursue media opportunities in both mainstream and niche publications.
- Monitor and distribute news stories on behalf of clients.
- Provide timely and engaging social media content to support and promote all public relations efforts (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+) on behalf of clients.
Education & Experience
- Degree or Diploma, preferably in a related area of study such as communications, journalism, marketing, or public relations.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in communications and/or media relations for non-profit, government, private sector, marketing/communications consulting, corporate or news organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in developing engaging and creative content for several different mediums (online, social media, print, multimedia, etc.)
- Prior work in communications and event coordination is an asset.
- Bilingualism is essential (English and French).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to produce clear, compelling written products with close attention to audience, goals, messaging, tone, and accuracy while meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Exceptional time management skills are required, including a high level of detail orientation and accuracy.
- Strong working knowledge of social media applications and best practices (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+) is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills are preferred.
- Able to grow and promote the Syntax Strategic brand, and be proactive in identifying opportunities for future growth.
- Analytical thinker and decisive, with excellent problem-solving skills. Individual needs to be entrepreneurial, innovative and self-motivated as well as a strong contributor in a team environment.
All applicants must submit an electronic copy of a cover letter, resume, two writing samples and two references by January 8th to: Jill Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.